Popular Bank Business Banking Officer in New York, New York
Location: New York, NY, US, 10004
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular - Our bottom line is you.
Retail Banking NYM
Responsible for developing and growing a commercial client portfolio, focused on the small and medium enterprise client segment. Serves as a "trusted advisor", developing relationships with clients based on the clients' business objectives and lifecycle. Originates both credit and non-credit opportunities and expands existing relationships to drive profitable revenue growth and quality credit.
In this position, you will:
Engage in community relationships and activities for business development
Identify, develop, and build profitable relationships with prospects and clients consistent with the objectives of the Bank
- Confidently build effective, trust-based relationships with clients by listening and uncovering their needs to gain in-depth knowledge of client's financial priorities and provide the products/services that are most appropriate for their situation
- Cultivate internal partnerships with Treasury Management, Private Banking, Wealth Management, and Branch teams to provide comprehensive financial solutions to clients and expand client relationships and cross-selling
- Proactively monitor portfolio for ongoing credit quality credit renewal, and adherence to policy. Ensure accurate and timely risk identification
- Work with credit to negotiate, structure, and underwrite credit transactions that meet clients' needs and are consistent with the credit quality standards and operational compliance requirements of the Bank. Monitor the loan documentation process and close the loan
To be considered, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university and/or seven years or more of experience in commercial credit with an established portfolio of Commercial customers or equivalent related experience and training
- Ability to positively interact with customers in difficult and demanding situations and use various interpersonal styles and communication methods depending on customer and situation, to gain acceptance of a product or service
- Highly capable of effectively defining problems, searching for root causes and recommending actionable solutions
- Excellent analytical, communication, and report preparation skills
- Knowledge of the following: Commercial and consumer credit regulations, policies, and procedures; Loan analysis, restructuring, and documentation; Collection Techniques and Structure financing analysis
- High degree in computer literacy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
Facebook Twitter Blog
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular's employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Business Development, Sales