Arup Bridges & Civil Structures Engineering Intern (Available June 2021) in New York, New York
Bridges & Civil Structures Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
Sep 16, 2020Post Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
The Bridges and Civil Structures team designs structures which enhance the built environment around the world. Graduate engineers will join other talented designers in our interdisciplinary office to work on challenging, interesting and award-winning infrastructure projects. Graduates will play an active role at all stages and on all kinds of projects, from feasibility studies to concept and final designs. They will work to achieve professional status through project design work, including preparing calculations, drawings and computer modeling; and structured training, including extensive internal courses. They will join Arup’s rising digital transformation in seeking new ways to increase our efficiency through automation and creating an integrated digital approach to design.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
• Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
• Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
• Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
• Professional demeanor
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
• Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
• Internship experience with a design firm
• FE/ EIT certification
• Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Second Avenue Subway
• Fulton Street Transit Center
• JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
• Renovation of Lincoln Center
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
New York, United States
Bridge & Civil Structures
Post Date:Sep 16, 2020
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs