Fidelity Information Services Associate Director - Sales (Payments) in New York, New York
Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage : 0%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Being in Business Development Management at FIS you will drive global growth for the world's leading payment provider. Offering businesses an advanced, end-to-end eCommerce payment solution, powered by data from over 40 billion annual transactions. You will be supported by an award-winning team who emphasize professional and personal development, helping you reach your full potential.
What you will be doing:
* Sells products and/or services and develops new account relationships.
* Solicits and maintains network of prospects.
* Initiates contact with prospective customers to sell targeted FIS products and/or services.
* Works as a member of a sales team to sell assigned products or services to identified key accounts.
* Effective pipeline management across leads (self generated, partner and marketing leads) and opportunities.
* Develop sound understanding of the end-to-end Ready, Execute, Deliver ("RED") sales process and collaborate with internal stakeholders to effectively progress deals
* Demonstrates product knowledge including various solutions, markets and competitive intelligence.
* Maintain advanced knowledge of trends in the payments industry across all products and provide feedback and insights to internal teams to enable Worldpay to maintain a competitive advantage
* Prepares and presents proposals to clients utilizing FIS resources and tools.
* Negotiates, structures and closes "deals" that meet customer expectations and FIS's ability to deliver; utilizes appropriate company resources per the resources plan to provide product marketing support or specialized product sales expertise.
* Assists in the development of sales plans and strategies.
* Meets sales goals and objectives.
What you bring:
* 12+ year sales & industry experience.
* Expert career individual contributor role with extensive experience in large scale customer focused roles.
* Highly experienced professional with broad experience and unique knowledge.
* Able to act independently to resolve highly complex problems
* Deep knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology including systems, applications and banking practices.
* Good understanding of FIS products and services is a plus.
* Have an established track record in sales, and involvement in industry trade groups preferred.
* Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public as collaboration is essential to success.
* Travel is required.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.