FirstService Residential Assistant Property Manager in New York, New York
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
We are looking for an onsite Assistant Property Manager for a luxury rental property located in the Financial District!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lease Assignment process from start to finish.
- Sublet process from start to finish.
- Responsible for occupant changes.
- Responsible for notifying leasing of any changes in rent roll, etc.
- Monitor AirBnB rentals to ensure no illegal rentals at building.
- Responsible for notifying tenants of NSF's (insufficient funds).
- Maintain building link to ensure tenant data is updated accordingly.
- Work closely with exterminator on scheduling, unit and common area issues, bed bug tracking,
- Draft and distribute memos, notices and other correspondence to tenants and vendors.
- Responsible for tracking arrears, sending arrears notices and following up with residents.
- Respond to all communications in a 48 hour period.
- Respond to tenant complaints and follow up on nuisance issues with residents.
- Daily checking of FSR's 24/7 Customer Care Call Center for log issues and inquiries.
- Communicate directly with ClickPay and residents to rectify any billing issues.
- Respond to all Landlord verification requests.
- Follow-up on all renewals to ensure timely responses and proper paperwork is submitted.
- Process all new leases and enter in Yardi.
- Process all cancellations and extensions in Yardi.
- Maintain renewal spreadsheet, vacancy reports, bedbug tracking report, concession
- spreadsheet, late fee reports, etc.
- Ensure timely return of security deposits.
- Responsible for inputting ancillary charges and credits to tenant accounts.
Track all move outs while coordinating with Resident Manager on any damages and key returns
Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential global service standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
Bachelor's Degree required
Two (2) + years experience in New York City residential rental property management.
- Must have superior verbal and written communications skills and proven customer service exposure.
- Need to have a high energy type of attitude to deal with the day to day tasks and able to multi-task under pressure and stressful situations.
- Must be extremely organized, consistent, and flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills and attributes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and Windows environment necessary.
- Experience with BJ Murray, Yardi Voyager, Avidxchange, ClickPay is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled