Coach Inc Assistant Manager, Copy in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach.
All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style. A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Role: Assistant Copy Manager, Product and Outlet
* Support Senior Copy Managers to develop and maintain the Coach voice and create inspiring, engaging, original and informative, seasonally-relevant storytelling.
* Create copy for all aspects of Retail E-commerce product copy for all women's and men's products for Coach.com and wholesale sites globally, as directed by Ecommerce Senior Copy Manager.
* Partner with production and studio to manage the daily photography of new samples for Ecommerce Product Copy.
* Attend and recap Coach seasonal showroom walkthroughs, seasonal design meetings, and seasonal merchandising meetings each quarter for all Men s and Women s categories for Ecommerce Product Copy.
* Utilize product management and design tools to gain details on product for Ecommerce Product Copy.
* Monthly site QA for Retail and Outlet for Ecommerce Product Copy as directed by Ecommerce Senior Copy Manager.
* Liaison with Editorial, Social, and the Retail Training Group on seasonal messages for copy alignment.
* Support Senior Copy Manager for Outlet in writing marketing copy for the Outlet business, including emails, retail signage, and special projects through approval.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in copywriting to...
* Write inspiring, original and engaging copy for Ecommerce product descriptions across all categories for Coach.com and wholesale sites, globally.
* Support both Senior Copy Managers to develop compelling standardized storytelling and seasonal narratives for key products, collections and craftsmanship.
* Maintain Coach's product name convention on Coach.com, global.
* Copyedit and proofread all product descriptions to professional standards when required.
* Contribute to larger product, campaign and/or brand initiatives, including helping to ideate concepts, messaging and taglines for launches.
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Excellent writing skills and creative flair
* The ability to write to different brand playbooks
* A proven ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and work effectively/collaboratively within a fast-paced environment
* A robust understanding of Ecommerce in the fashion space
* An understanding of the US Outlet consumer and landscape
* A good understanding of the Coach male and female target audience and their online and shopping behaviors
* The ability to problem solve efficiently and proactively
* A strong sense of ownership, accountability and pride for work
* The ability to fact-check, self-edit and proofread own work
* A strong interest in fashion and a knowledge of current trends and terminology
* The ability to work with ambiguity and in ever changing environments
* The ability to collaborate and work effectively with different business partners and teams, including Creative Studio producers, art directors, designers, Ecommerce merchandisers, buyers, production, and studio.
The outstanding professional will have...
* 2+ years of relevant work experience in a similar business
* Excellent grammar and journalistic skills
* Proficiency in content management systems such as Demandware; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Magazine/journalism experience (preferred but not required)
* A positive, proactive and highly collaborative attitude
* A knowledge of AP guidelines and Chicago Manual of Style
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at http://www.coach.com
Employer's Job# 499406100
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.