Duff Phelps LLC Analyst, Financial Instruments and Technology in New York, New York
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
As a market leader in providing illiquid portfolio analysis, our Alternative Asset Management professionals assist clients in the valuation of alternative investments, specifically for loans, securities and positions for which there are no active market quotations available. Our professionals have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects with exposure to the bespoke investment structures and asset classes of our institutional investor clientele.
The Duff & Phelps Financial Instruments and Technology practice is a leading solutions provider for asset managers, hedge funds, fund administrators, banks, insurers, private equity firms, commodity trading and investment firms, and corporations.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career.
The Analyst will provide a range of valuation advisory services specifically to the alternative investment community including private equity and hedge funds, business development companies, pensions and endowments, in connection with our assisting those clients with valuation issues surrounding their alternative investment positions.
- Reviewing investment memoranda, governing documents of structured investments, board of directors presentations, and client models
- Assisting team with interviewing clients, including preparing information request lists, participating in face-to-face meetings, gathering data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses across a range of financial instrument types
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Compiling statistical summaries of companies' financial information and large sets of data, developing and computing financial ratios and other metrics, and presenting the analyses in an organized manner and/or using our standard formats and presentations
- Working with management on building and maintaining client relationships
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports, assisting in the presentation of work products and conclusions both internally as well as to clients
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry
- Bachelor's in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or related discipline as it applies to the financial markets from an accredited college or university
- Prior work experience preferred
- Preferred experience constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: enterprise valuation using DCF & market approaches, or other financial instrument models including structured products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A fundamental understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- Effective interpersonal, comprehension and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to master new tasks quickly
- Excellent attention to detail, manage tasks and deadlines in organized manner, strong work ethic, and ability to managing multiple ongoing assignments
- Familiarity with relevant accounting standards and policies produced and amended from time to time by the AICPA and other oversight bodies a plus
- Creative thinker with strong intellectual curiosity
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran statu s, age or disability .
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity