Physician Affiliate Groupof New York, PC Ambulatory Academic Primary Care Physician in New York, New York
|Ambulatory Academic Primary Care Physician|
|Hospital||NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi|
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
We are located just 15 minutes from the heart of Manhattan and we offer: Sponsorship of Work Visas, Generous, Rich Benefits, Advancement Opportunities and Full Malpractice Coverage...Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of New York State’s largest multispecialty physician groups, focused on delivering exceptional patient-centered care.
Jacobi Medical Center is in need of Primary Care Physicians!
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Flexible 40 hours/week including evenings and/or weekends,
- Off-hours coverage on a rotational basis,
- Medical evaluation of patients including history, physical examination, diagnostic testing, treatment plan, counseling, and referrals based on standards of care and EBM, for effective longitudinal, continuity and episodic care across the lifespan.
- Complete, reflective and timely documentation in the EMR.
- Prescription of medication and DME in accordance with New York State statutes.
- Review and sign off laboratory/study results with timely follow-up.
- Teaching/Program Development:
- Develop and implement Palliative care program in the outpatient setting.
- Create curriculum around end of life discussion (advanced directives/healthcare proxy) for the residency program.
- Educate and supervise trainees at all levels and collaborate with mid-level providers through recruitment, didactic activities, precepting, and mentoring.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, department and division meetings, and faculty development,
- Adherence to access, flow, productivity and quality standards.
- Participate in process improvement for access, quality, flow, patient experience, risk reduction, and financial viability in alignment with the goals of health and hospitals.
- Participate in developing/revising programs, policies and protocols for patient care aligned with patient centered medical home.
Clinical Research Expectations:
- Develop capabilities for clinical research and scholarly activity. Involvement in 1-2 scholarly research projects per year.
- Special projects as identified.
- Maintenance of required certifications such as infection prevention and medico legal competencies,
- Maintenance of affiliations with academic and professional organizations.
- Graduation from an accredited school of osteopathic or allopathic medicine
- Current New York State license
- Board certification or eligibility in internal medicine. If Board eligible at time of hire, must be board-certified within 3 years of hire date.
- Current DEA registration
- CPR certification
PAGNY provides equal opportunity in employment. WE recruit, select, train and promote the most qualified individuals. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, natural origin, citizenship, military status, creed, color, sex, religious beliefs, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or protected characteristics under the law.