IQVIA Senior Business Systems Analyst = Data Focus (Home or Office-based) in New York City, New York
At IQVIA, we tap the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions. Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IQVIA means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry. Total Rewards - We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish. We are currently looking for dynamic people to fill positions in our Healthcare Value Solutions business area.
• Performs detailed data requirements gathering and analysis in order to provide high quality and detailed requirements, ensuring the closest involvement with, and agreement from, the user community. The Senior DA is the voice of the customer in data oriented requirements including functional/non-functional data needs. Responsible for overall quality of data requirements matching to business solution expectations / needs.
• Facilitates data requirements gathering sessions. Create prototypes and simulations to provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation of data, thereby facilitating successful solution needs definition.
• Conducts data analysis activities and data prototypes against source systems, 3rd party products, or data that resides within IQVIA source solutions to confirm data quality, prove concepts, determine if data is fit for purpose and inform accurate data solutions.
• Creates, manages source-to-target data maps, data profiles, data lineage, data dictionary, data design, data flow, business rules, metadata, data quality, SDLC documentation. Defines and documents data standardizations to be performed, data enrichment operations, data validations, data security requirements, and data exception handling processes. Works with metadata solutions to ensure source to report data flows are documented and auditable. Works with data modeling architects to ensure data models match data capability requirements. Works with business teams to resolve data requirement conflicts.
• Triage of data issues reported by users in production systems.
• Be a “go to” subject matter expert for IQVIA’s trial and clinical data. Assist in knowledge transfer to other technical staff members of business data processes.
• Facilitate and/or participate in joint analysis and design sessions to understand needs of the customer.
• Collaborate with developers to ensure adherence to business data requirements and customer needs.
• Conducts root cause analysis on data issues throughout the life cycle of the project
• Follows IQVIA System Life-Cycle (SLC) and Computer System Validation (CSV) procedures.
• Model processes to clarify support needs, business data requirements, and to enhance or re-engineer business processes, prior to, or in parallel with, solution design and implementation, as necessary.
• As needed, review the Performance Qualification (PQ) document(s) prior to authorization and execution, to ensure that it incorporates previously-captured data requirements, and includes tests or test steps that explicitly address each identified data requirement.
• Collaborate with Global IT Solutions functional groups by adhering to established processes to ensure that business data requirements are delivered through successful project implementation of optimal, cost-effective solutions.
• Collaborate with project teams to ensure timely delivery and quality of all project deliverables.
• Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
• Develop training and support programs for data solutions, global technology and process implementations, as needed. Continuous learning is key to success in this position.
• Documents support processes, conducts continuous improvement analysis for solution performance against product SLA’s, conducts overall quality analysis of production systems, supports audit processes ensuring data quality, conducts regression testing of production releases.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A motivated self-starter and technical leader with a track record producing positive results.
• Ability to guide the user in identifying / defining business data requirements with minimally 3 years proven experience in requirements elicitation, analysis, technical specifications, data architectures, and verification, and the ability to apply them in practice.
• Minimally 5 years hand-on experience coding in SQL and SQL constructs.
• Minimally 3 years hands-on experience utilizing TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers) or equivalent client tool.
• Minimally 3 years hands-on experience utilizing relational database solutions in the latest releases of the Oracle database is required. Experience in Big Data Cloudera products is a strong plus.
• Minimally 3 years experience in documenting data analysis results including source to target mapping of databases, data lineage, data profiling, data dictionaries, data quality, and more.
• Minimally 2 years experience with Data Profiling concepts and processes.
• Expert knowledge of XML, XML schemas.
• Continuous learning is a natural progression for this candidate
• Strong understanding of Data Warehousing / Business Intelligence principles, data usage, and database structures including data staging/lake areas, operational data stores (ODS), and data marts (DM).
• Strong ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences.
• Strong analytical, organizational, verbal communication and business writing skills.
• Strong relationship building and facilitation skills to work directly with business users who are not technical in nature.
• Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features.
• Strong technical and business writing skills.
• Strong knowledge of technical and grammatical editing.
• Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and agile lifecycle methodologies and the role of Business Analysis with the SDLC.
• Ability to conceptualize and think creatively.
• Ability to learn process improvement and re-engineering skills.
• Ability to develop training and support programs for global technology and process implementations.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience in the Healthcare Industry with Life Science / Contract Research Organization (CRO) experience a strong plus.
• Specific experience in CRO related solutions including CTMS, ODM, CDISC / SDTM, eDC, Safety, Lab systems is a strong plus
• Experience working a regulated Healthcare regulatory environment.
• Experience in data modeling / models analysis supporting IDMP is a strong plus.
• Experience with near real-time, and data streaming data flows, and solutions a strong plus.
• Experience in Big Data, Hadoop, No SQL preferred.
• Specific experience in CRO related standards/solutions including CTMS, ODM, CDISC / SDTM, CDISC ODM, eDC, Safety, Lab systems is a strong plus.
• Professional consulting experience preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree, and/or have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience and > 3 years data analysis experience. Alternatively, extensive operational experience with clinical trial execution experience can be leveraged.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IT Design & Development
USA-North Carolina-Research Triangle Park
USA-New Jersey-Piscataway, USA-Georgia-Atlanta, USA-New Jersey-Parsippany, USA-New York-New York City, USA-Maryland-Rockville, USA-Massachusetts-Cambridge, USA-Texas-Dallas, USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia