Danaher Corporation Americas Business Leader - Core Histology Instruments in New York City, New York
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Leica Biosystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Reporting to the Vice President Commercial Development, the Americas Business Leader – Advanced Staining is responsible for driving business growth across the Advanced Staining portfolio for the Company in the Americas. The ABL will provide action-oriented vision and leadership enabling the organization to achieve strategic sales, revenue and profitability objectives. As well as being strategic, this person will need to be a proven leader and key advisor on future sales initiatives and opportunities. The role requires leading and maintaining a world class sales organization capable of successfully executing complex, multilevel sales campaigns within the target market. Major Responsibilities:
- Achieve sales and profitability goals within a matrix leadership environment.
- Develop and execute sales plan and devise sales strategies that maximize market penetration
- Owner of the Advanced Staining growth room
- Strong connection and communication with the Regional Sales Managers for growth room execution
- Business Unit and SU Marketing liaison and SU Representative into their activities
- Work with the Sales Directors to guide a well-trained sales force capable of building and maintaining high level relationships with key customers, gaining access to C suite engagement and selling and working on multi-department sales
- Proactively review best practices to ensure competitiveness within a rapidly changing environment
- Identify long and short term goals
- Build and maintain highly strategic, focused partnerships
- Create a culture of learning and development with all members of the organization
- Work with the Sales Directors to attract and retain talented top-notch talent
* Bachelor’s degree in related field required, MBA preferred * Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated success in leading teams selling medical equipment or consumable products to the hospital or research marketplace, preferably in the pathology laboratory * High level competency in business management, financial acumen and contracting * Experience developing high level, C Suite, relationships in the marketplace. * Track record of building strong external alliances and channels in the healthcare industry * Experience in working with emerging, innovative products * In-depth experience with sales methods, policies, processes and procedures * Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a large, geographically distributed and organizationally complex team in a fast paced and dynamic environment * Ability to understand the long term, “big picture” and short term perspectives * High energy performer who operates as part of a team and whose enthusiasm inspires and motivates teams, peers and customers * Understanding of the FDA regulatory environment and the reimbursement process * Experience in a Marketing role is not required, but would be preferred
Travel: * 50% - 75% * Frequent overnight travel, often with short notice. Occasional international travel may be required. * Must Possess a valid Driver’s license and meet fleet eligibility requirements
- Strategic yet with a hands-on attitude, willing to lead, guide and provide expertise
- The ability to build rapport at all levels of the organization and the corporation
- Energy and motivation to work in an atmosphere of high growth and multiple activities
- Uncompromising personal integrity with highest ethical standards
- Team leader and team builder who leads by example
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent closer
- Performance driven
- Collaborative manager
- Building and nurturing internal and external customer relationships
- Visual daily management
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* This position will require heavy travel by car and flying in and out of airports with possible long wait times.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. * May be requested to work extended hours and weekends for special program events
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years. At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-NY-New York City
Req ID: SEL001638