Fedcap Child Care Assistant / 2:1 Aide in Monticello, New York
We are hiring in Monticello, NY! Join us at Easterseals NY- Project Excel for an exciting career as a Child Care Assistant.
Mission: Easterseals New York's mission is to spread help, hope, and answers- http://www.easterseals.com/newyork/our-programs/.
Easterseals is a standard-bearer for creating equity and access for people with disabilities and other barriers to long term self-sufficiency. For 100 years, Easterseals has been an indispensable resource for people and families living with disabilities. Throughout all life's moments -- from the extraordinary to the ordinary and everything in between -- Easterseals is here to help people and families realize and reach for their full potential.
Job Title: Child Care Assistant
Location: Monticello, NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Position Summary: Easterseals-Project Excel is seeking a Child Care Assistant for their preschool program for children with special needs and Universal Pre-Kindergarten students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet child at bus (or entrance to program) and walk with the child to class and assist where necessary to settle into the classroom (i.e. remove coat assist with book bag, etc.).
- Sit with child and engage them in classroom activities, (participation with songs, cleaning up, adding cues and prompts as needed, etc). Child should be prompted to engage in activities with limited assistance when appropriate.
- Meal times should be a time when social skills are reinforced, be sure to engage child in conversations with other children.
- During bathroom, assist the child in using the bathroom and in maintaining "good hygiene" (i.e. hand washing)
- Center time should be used as a time to promote socialization through small group activities that the children choose.
- When the demand is met, provide ample praise (to reinforce positive behaviors and involvement) so that the child understands that following through on the expectations is a positive experience.
- Read the through your child's IEP, if applicable, and become familiar with the goals so that you can incorporate them into the school day.
- Act as a member of the teaching team, assisting other staff and children as needed.
- Ride the school bus to and from the elementary school with the UPK students.
- Perform additional duties are requested.
Experience and Education:
- High School education or GED, Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Two (2) years practical experience working with children is preferred.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- NYS TA certification preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled