Johnson Security Bureau, Inc. Security Officer (Overnight) in Manhattan, New York
***VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY***
Security Officers are responsible for providing professional customer-focused security and life safety services for the people and the property they protect. Security Officers will be assigned to fixed posts and foot patrols within the interior or exterior of the site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional demeanor while providing assistance to customers, employees, visitors, and guests.
- Maintain a visible presence in the facility/building assigned.
- Visually inspecting all visitor, vendor and employee access badges to verify that the authorized holder is the individual presenting the badge to prevent unauthorized access to the property.
- Maintaining surveillance and reporting of any suspicious persons, vehicles and/or packages.
- Assist site personnel in providing proper instructions and directions during emergencies.
- Patrolling the construction site on a regular basis.
- Maintaining an active presence at the access gates.
- Write routine correspondence, to include log entries and incident reporting.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Perform required patrols of designated areas on foot.
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitor entrances and exits.
- Know the facility/policies/procedure, and enforce them within the limits of the position.
- Monitor the environment, with the ability to detect suspicious and unsafe activity.
- State mandated Security Officer Registration (License).
- S-95 Certificate of Fitness.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screening and background check.
- Command of the English language and ability to be clearly understood in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong smartphone and tablet operating skills.
- Professional Demeanor and appearance.
- High Level of Integrity.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Customer service orientated.
- Ability to work independently and with other security team members.
- 1-year minimum security experience.