NBC Universal Field Technical Manager, NBC News in Long Island City, New York
Job Number 57567BR
Job Title Field Technical Manager, NBC News
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Sub-Business NBC News
Posting Category Technology & Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
State New York
City Long Island City
- Associate degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering,
Bachelors degree recommended.
- Valid passport with no limitation on international travel
- Experience in managing represented employees
required, experience with NABET Local 11 work rules
- Minimum 10 years experience required as
maintenance/operations engineering manager at top-50
television station or network.
- Extensive documented success in the
planning/supervision of major television remote
productions, planning/design/implementation of digital
video/audio transmission facilities & non-linear editing
- Basic knowledge of IT systems, TCP/IP protocols, digital
satellite uplink systems, AVID non-linear editing systems,
and VoIP applications.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning principles including
cost/benefit analysis, payback period computations, and
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Long Island City, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- NBC Universal Jobs