Innovation Associates, Inc. Manufacturing Engineer in Johnson City, New York
The Manufacturing Engineer applies an understanding of industrial manufacturing techniques to the design, procurement, and inspection of specialized electrical, mechanical, or other specialized components or technical services.
This job description is not totally inclusive of all the job functions of the Manufacturing Engineer’s role. An employee assigned to this role may be required to perform other job-related functions.
• Maintain procedures, specifications, control plans, flow charts, and FMEA’s to meet ISO9000 standards for all work-centers. Perform internal audits to support compliance.
• Ensure that production equipment is ready to run from a technical standpoint and work with maintenance to keep equipment in proper condition for optimal performance.
• Research new production methods and prepare recommendations for production technology investment, either in house or purchase, or manufacturing equipment.
• Work to improve the layout and flow of material through the department to aid quality and efficiency in line with lean techniques.
• Work on standardization and cost reduction of new and existing products.
• Provide Sales and Applications with necessary information and drawings.
• Continuously evaluate manufacturing equipment and recommend process improvements with our current technology.
I. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
II. Systems Used:
• Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to use a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator.
• Computer Software: Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, software development tools including compilers, configuration management tools and database query software.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
I. Basic Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree in Materials, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
• 1-2 years in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a cGMP regulated industry.
• 1+ years conceptual design and drafting skills.
• Basic knowledge of ISO requirements.
• Proficient in AutoCAD (release 14 and higher) or AutoDesk.
II. Preferred Skills
• Master of Science degree with a focus in computer technology
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Responsible for basic machine tools and processes.