Dandy Mini Marts Asst. Mngr - DMM in Ithaca, New York
Provides supervisory and management support to Store Manager in all aspects of store operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Establishes and maintains an identity as a positive role model and team leader within the store.
2) Works closely with Store Manager to assure adequate training of staff.
3) Maintains familiarity with all duties and responsibilities required of staff and performs those duties as required.
4) Regularly communicates with Store Manager regarding store operations, staff performance, staff scheduling and any issues that may arise.
5) Will cover any and/or all Store Manager job responsibilities during the absence of Store Manager.
Education and Training:
1) High school graduate or equivalent in education and/or experience.
2) Proficiency in MS Office/Outlook and internet applications.
3) Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
1) Two years experience in the retail industry desired, preferably in convenience stores.
2) Demonstrated ability to assume supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
1) Standing or walking around premises for extended periods of time
2) Requires frequent bending and reaching.
3) Requires lifting 10-20 pounds of weight frequently and lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds of weight on a regular basis.