Whitsons Culinary Group Holtsville Freezer Warehouse & Forklift Workers in Holtsville, New York
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This position is located in Holtsville off at 700 Furrows Rd., Holtsville, NY 11742 and requires the team member to work in extreme temperatures on their feet for most of the work day. Positions are available for warehouse workers and Forklift operators. This is a TEMPORARY assignment that will last at least 2 months, through the end of the year. Permanent positions may be availablr at
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm, hours may vary
- Deliver requested supplies to internal departments
- Receives requisitions and reviews for proper codes and approval signatures.
- Ensure FIFO rules are followed rotating stock as needed
- Maintain product and check shelves for appropriate inventory levels.
- Checks stock for outdated or damaged supplies.
- Measure all requisitioned product according to need and return remaining to proper location in storage ensuring properly stored.
- Ensure all pertinent paperwork is completed properly, neatly and turned in daily.
- Maintain all areas of work area ensuring that environment is free from any signs of potential pest evidence and or debris.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- The work is performed primarily in a manufacturing and warehouse environment, specifically the packing and warehousing areas
- Standing most of the work day is required.
Work requires movement in and out of store rooms, near heavy machinery and freezers
Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work and duties that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position, and Whitsons reserves the right to add additional duties or modify existing duties.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- HACCP certification preferred but not required
- HiLo /Forklift certification preferred but will train
- Unblemished Driver license and/or Forklift certification (required for some positions)
- Experience working in high volume warehouse preferred
- Must speak, read and write English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required Sit, walk, talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Be standing on feet majority of the workday in addition to walking back and forth.
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position sometimes requires extended hours including evenings and/or weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled