New York Community Bancorp, Inc. Commercial Loan Processor I in Hicksville, New York
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Banking experience or one year loan processing experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good communication and customer service skills
NEW YORK COMMUNITY BANK.
Based in Westbury, NY, New York Community Bank is a New York State-chartered savings bank serving customers throughout Metro New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Arizona and Florida. New York Community Bank serves customers through over 200 branches featuring a divisional structure: Queens County Savings Bank, Roslyn Savings Bank, Richmond County Savings Bank, Roosevelt Savings Bank and Atlantic Bank in New York; Garden State Community Bank in New Jersey; Ohio Savings Bank in Ohio; and AmTrust Bank in Florida and Arizona. With a longstanding reputation of strength, stability and service, NYCB is proud to be committed to the communities it serves.
To learn more about the NYCB Family of Banks visit us at www.MyNYCB.com .
Help recruit top talent for NYCB through the employee referral program. All NYCB employees are encouraged to submit referrals. Locate top talent right in the community where you live, work and play. Amazing individuals are all around be sure to let them know how they can become a part of the NYCB family.
NYCB is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ethnicity, religion, marital status, disability, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
This policy against discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment and selection, promotion and demotion, transfer, training and development, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence and termination. NYCB will consider reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities, as well as accommodations that are necessary for an employee to practice their religious faith. JOB SUMMARY
A Commercial Loan Processor I processes basic Multi-Family & Commercial loan applications and documentation. Orders all third party reports and reviews the files for accuracy and completeness of information. In addition, enters and scans data into computer system.
- Prepare a package for the Appraisal Department including copies of pertinent collateral documentation.
- Upon completion of the Appraisal report, send a copy of the appraisal to the Broker/Applicant for REG B Loans only.
- Route funds received for an application by preparing a Good Faith Deposit memo for Loan Administration to process and confirm the completion of the transaction.
- Perform initial set up of processing file in the Commercial Loan Origination System (CLOS--NewGen) in the required format Order Environmental Assessment Reports/Environmental Insurance/Engineering Reports, when required. In addition, engage Insurance Consultant review where applicable.
- Order flood certifications and send a Standard Notification Form for collaterals determined to be within a FEMA special hazard area.
- If refinance of an existing NYCB loan, reviews existing file and retrieve the existing organizational documents as well as other required documentation.
- Forward documentation to the Bank's attorneys for their review. Once review is completed, work with the Loan Officer and Broker/Applicant to rectify the noted issues/concerns.
- Send an Information package with a cover letter to the Broker/Applicant informing them of the required documents to be completed and submitted prior to closing.
- Review Borrower's organizational documents and tax returns to determine the identity of principals. In addition, analyze the application package to determine if additional documents are required.
- As the documents are received and the file is reviewed by the Credit Department and/or Pre-Closing Department, requests additional processing, credit and underwriting documentation in accordance with policy.
- Order personal and business credit reports as required. If derogatory items are found in the credit report then prepare a written request for explanations and/or proof of satisfaction. In addition, send Automatic Payment Program information to the broker/applicant, if required.
- Perform OFAC checks as required.
- Prepare Environmental Hazard Review Form and provide the form along with the Environmental Report to the Loan Officer for his/her review. If hazardous conditions are noted, then work with the Loan Officer/Environmental Officer to inform Broker/Applicant that a corrective action is required.
- Create inspection work step in connection with Bank's inspection policy.
- Prepare an Operating Account Memorandum and send to the appropriate parties within the Bank.
- Monitor status of processing file including follow-up regarding outstanding documentation with Brokers/Applicant.
- As file progresses through the various processing and underwriting stages, update CLOS- NewGen including collateral and customer information.
- Performs final review of a loan file before forwarding to Pre-Closing Department.
- If application is Withdrawn/Declined, prepare documentation as required by HMDA regulations.
- Work closely with loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, pre-closing administrators, Bank's attorneys and brokers.
- Assists with office filing, faxing, copying and scanning as necessary.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- May also be responsible for assisting the Process Expeditor.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity