Pep Boys Store Manager of Parts in Hempstead, New York
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
As a Store Manager of Parts, responsible for delivering superior customer service and motivating and coaching associates to do the same. Responsible for achieving expected store sales goals through in-store execution of various programs, initiatives and standards across the commercial, retail, and hard parts business. Direct responsibility for the commercial customers, parts area, and sales floor and play an integral role in general store operations. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain commercial customer accounts. Maintain relationship with the Commercial Account Manager (CAM) to partner on outside sales support needs. Track sales trends by monitoring KPI's and evaluating various financial reports.
- Maintain responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct and indirect reports in compliance with policies, procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes, and laws.
- Direct, instruct, and manage a team of associates, including assigning, supervising, and appraising work; rewarding, motivating, counseling and disciplining associates; addressing associate complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for productivity, profitability, work environment, relationships, visual presentation standards, and operational compliance across of the store; measured through various reporting tools, associate observations and Area Director feedback.
- Keep store staffing and talent at optimal levels to ensure operating efficiency and top customer service levels. Source key selling positions regularly in order to have talent readily available for increased staffing and customer needs. Partners as appropriate to interview, hire, demote, and promote external and internal candidates.
- Direct store merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and organize associates in the execution of plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management, reverse logistics process, pricing, signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. React to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities as appropriate.
- Manage the effective operation of the parts area in order to exceed expected sales goals of hard parts within retail and commercial. Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards, reduction in "outside" parts purchases through secondary vendors, and proper ordering and returning of "special order" merchandise.
- Responsible for all aspects of the store's hard parts inventory, parts counter, stock area, and tire room. This includes oversight of proper inventory levels, coordinating with commercial teams for seamless parts delivery, and promptly reacting to the needs of internal and external customers; measured through various reporting tools, associate observations and Area Director feedback.
- Effectively communicate with all associates, management, and customers across all lines of business.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to three (1-3) years of commercial and/or retail industry experience and a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
- ASE P2 (Parts Specialist) preferred; Pep Boys' Parts PRO certification and ASE P2 (Parts Specialist) required within two years of hire into position.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 25 pounds without assistance. Will be occasionally required to lift, carry, and place merchandise and equipment up to 50 pounds, with or without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enter and locate information on computer.
- Present information to small and large groups.
- Visually verify information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Reporting: Area Director
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00459
Location Name: PBY NY Hempstead-00459