Touro College Dental Assistant in Hawthorne, New York
The Dental Assistant provides chair side assistance to faculty and student dentists during dental procedures. He/she prepares for dental procedures by setting up instruments, equipment and materials. Ensures that instruments are arranged properly and in accordance with sterile technique. This position requires OSHA training and is subject to exposure to blood and other bodily fluids, as well as, enforcing HIPAA regulations specifically when accessing Protected Health Information (PHI).
• The Dental Assistant is to assist students or faculty during dental procedures.
• Prepares for dental procedures by setting up instruments, equipment and materials, and maintains a clean oral working area prior to, during and post exams/procedures.
• Coordinates dental materials Inventory with the dispensary on an as needed basis.
• Assist students and/or manipulate diagnostic radiographs on an as needed basis.
• Performs lab duties including, but not limited to, pouring and trimming casts, mounting models on articulators, fabricating bleaching and impression trays, and constructing Provisionals.
• Removes biohazard trash as needed and other duties in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Records pertinent clinic data, including blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, temperature, diagnostic aids and other in treatment documentation.
• Packages tissue and biopsy specimen and sends to pathological laboratory.
• Assist student as assistant when partner is not available.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of dental terminology and dental procedures.
• Knowledge of instruments, materials, and standardized dental procedures used in dental care.
• Knowledge of infectious control policies, aseptic techniques, supplies, and equipment.
• Ability to operate dental radiographic equipment.
• Proactive communication skills, both written and verbal, utilizing tact and diplomacy.
• Exceptional customer service skills and professionalism in communications and demeanor.
• Effective organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
• Ability to take direction, assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands to help the dental students and faculty on a daily basis.
• Adherence to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
• Ability to work equally and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
• A college degree (AS) with Dental Assistant experience OR General education degree or high school diploma with three to five (3 - 5) years’ dental assistant experience.
• CDA or RDA is required.
• Basic Life Support/ CPR Certification (current).
• Experience in a Dental Office Required.
• Experience with dental practice management computers systems such as AxiUm
• Fluent in English, Spanish speaking a plus.
Requisition ID: 2020-6955
Schedule Shift: Mon - Thurs : 9:00am - 5:30pm / Fri : 9:00am - 3:00pm
Hours Per Week: 36.5
External Company URL: https://www.touro.edu/
Street: 19 Skyline Drive
Chart of Accounts: Touro College New York