Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Service Coordinator in Hauppauge, New York
Under the supervision of the Community Services Supervisor and Senior Director of Integrated Health and Community Services, the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Service Coordinator (SC) is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the provisions of all supports in participants’ Service Plans. The TBI Service coordinator must be an effective advocate for participants and ensure that participants are receiving appropriate and adequate services from TBI Waiver service providers. The TBI Service Coordinator is responsible for creating and updating the participants' Initial and Revised Service Plans and implementing changes as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation
A Service Coordinator assists the prospective participant with developing a service plan that best suits their needs and is designed to help the participant reach their personal goals for living, receiving care and for achieving maximum independence in the community. The SC will coordinate and monitor the provision of all services in the Service Plan and will ensure the participate is comfortable and satisfied with all service providers. The goal is to increase the participant’s independence and integration into the community while maintaining the health and welfare of the individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Human Services with one (1) year of experience in the field of providing service coordination for individuals with varied diagnoses
- Knowledge regarding accessing and coordinating community resources
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and advocate for individuals supported
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Valid NYS driver’s license a must
Job ID: 2018-5888
# of Openings: 1
Category: Service Coordination