CTG Production Planner in Grand Island, New York
Grand Island, New York, United States
6 days agoPost Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 15 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
Job Title:Production Planner
Duration:5+ month contract position
Location:Grand Island, NY
Pay:$20 - $25/hr
The Production Planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements to best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing strategic inventory levels. The Production Planner participates in negotiations with manufacturing to implement proactive production philosophies (Campaigns, Rhythm Wheels, Finite Scheduling, and Capacity Utilization), strategies, policies, and procedures for successful integration into multiple business plans across various corporate departments. Additionally, a Production Planner may be responsible for preparing data and analyzing inventory trends, capacity requirements, external and internal key performance metrics, and proposing process improvement and the generation or management of key reports, metrics, and projects. This is a service position and is responsive to the needs of internal and external (suppliers) customers. Role may include cross-functional team participation.
• Knowledge of supply planning processes, evaluating capacity models, smoothing production loads, exploiting constraints.
• Understand planning policies and procedures
• Demonstrate knowledge of business concepts/principles (terms and conditions, transportation, accounting)
• Knowledge of supply chain programs (Campaigns, Rhythm Wheels, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Finite Scheduling) and ability to manage project execution of these programs.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing strategic and optimal production plans for 600+ MTS SKUs.
• MRP knowledge and ERP experience in a high-velocity manufacturing environment.
• Advises on availability dates to Demand Planning and/or Customer Service
• Evaluate key performance indicators and planning parameters to drive improvements through strategy adjustments.
• Monitors production performance and assures that MRP parameters are in line with demonstrated performances.
• Communicates effectively with manufacturing managers, supervisors, and schedulers to assure production plans and schedules.
• Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
• Optimize supply chain to minimize waste (muda).
• Negotiates with the manufacturing team to develop strategies to meet planning targets.
• Manage new part release planning data and participate in New Product Initiative teams.
• Participate in planning performance metrics: Work in Progress-WIP and finished goods inventory levels, customer service levels, work order management performance, Manufacturing (MFG) capacity, and quality metrics.
• Process improvement capability.
• All other duties as required or assigned.
Nature and Scope:
• Uses skills as an experienced professional with an understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
• Participates with other managers to establish programs, policies, and objectives.
• Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
• The Production Planner is responsible for the effective production of materials to meet the needs of the customer base, internal and external.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies.
• Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to highly complexity, requiring analysis of identifiable factors.
• Has contact with all levels of company employees. Negotiates and exchanges information with all levels of management.
• Drives a strategic vision of production through a diverse set of stakeholders including manufacturing, planning, scheduling, quality, and facilities.
• Works and communicates with external business partners on subject matter that can carry significant impacts to the business.
• Performs assignments independently with instructions from management limited to results expected.
• Able to manage and prioritize own time.
• Provides feedback and periodic updates to managers on status of goal/project assignments.
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website by clicking the link below or email your Word version resume and salary expectations email@example.com
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Planning
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Work Remote: No
- CTG Jobs