Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home Environmental Services Aide in Gloversville, New York
Part-time Environmental Services Aide needed with Nathan Littauer Hospital in Gloversville, NY.
Will require holiday and weekend rotations
Description: The purpose of this position is to clean and service the Hospital building interior, move furniture, equipment and supplies in and around the building and perform a variety of housekeeping duties and repetitive tasks to maintain the building complex in a safe, sanitary, orderly and attractive condition.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for daily assigned schedule or project work as needed
- Assembles necessary cleaning supplies, material and equipment needed for a particular work assignment
- At the end of the shift, cleans and returns equipment to appropriate areas and has supplies ready for the next day
- Cleans and disinfects assigned areas by following the seven-step cleaning procedure as outlined in the department policy and procedure manual
- Replenishes supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper and hand soap on a daily basis
- Completes cleaning of isolation rooms per departmental policy and procedure manual
- Reports all safety hazards or unusual occurrences to the Department Supervisor/Director
- Empties all large trash daily into dumpster, removes all other trash, cardboard, recycled trash as assigned and places into dumpster or designated area recycling sites
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion; may be required to work on a ladder
- Buffs and spray-buffs floor using high and slow-speed buffers, wet/dry vacuum; strips and seals floors using power scrubbing and vacuuming equipment; vacuums and shampoos carpets using power carpet equipment
- Performs all regulated medical waste duties as per department policy that include replacing, handling, transporting, weighing and storing regulated e in preparation for transporting off site
Education: Possess High School Diploma or equivalent education.
Experience: Possess no prior experience, on the job training
Preferred: Possess one (1) year environmental services experience in a healthcare setting.
Status: Part-time 24 hours per week, will require holiday and weekend rotations
Please apply online: http://www.nlh.org/careers/non-clinical-positions