IME Resources LLC Billing and Collections Clerk in Garden City, New York
|Billing and Collections Clerk|
|# of Openings||1|
The Billing and Collections Clerk is responsible for all company billing and ensures timely receipt of payment. .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Prepares and maintains systematic, accurate, and timely processing of all invoices and monthly billing reports.
- Ensures all invoicing is billed daily and in accordance with company practices and client contract agreements. Performs any follow-up on provider bills not received in a timely manner to decrease invoicing delays.
- Contacts clients to resolve any invoice problems or discrepancies and if necessary, makes additional contact with clients for the collection of outstanding invoices.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from clients regarding payment issues, and invoice inquiries.
- Maintains files on all pertinent billing and accounting information.
- When necessary, reports any unresolved disputes with customers to the Accounting Manager for resolution.
- Prepare and provide various information as requested for audit.
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial files.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering telephone inquiries, taking messages, filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 2 years on the job experience in accounts receivable and/or collections required.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, fractions, hours & minutes, and possess the ability to compute rates and percentages.
Must be knowledgeable in multiple software programs, including, but not limited to, Great Plains, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Internet.
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to managements’ directions accurately.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and or strict deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate and promote a positive team -oriented environment.
- Must possess the ability to manage change, delays, or unexpected events appropriately.
- Demonstrates reliability and abides by the company attendance policy.
- Must maintain a professional and clean appearance at all times consistent with company standards.
It is the policy of ExamWorks Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, physical or mental disability, national origin, age, status as a disabled veteran, a recently separated veteran, an Armed Forces service medal veteran or other protected veteran or any other protected group status and further, to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or other protected veterans