AdvantageCare Physicians Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Forest Hills & Jamaica Estates in Forest Hills, New York
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest primary and specialty care practices in New York. With 38 medical offices in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and on Long Island, ACPNY aspires to be a home for health for the patients it cares for and the communities it serves. This vision is accomplished through a whole-you care approach that recognizes for each patient the physical, mental, and lifestyle factors that impact their health. The values that drive ACPNY include a commitment to diversity, an unyielding desire to deliver high-quality care, and community-driven collaboration. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, ACPNY strives to always create healthier futures for its patients.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is a behavioral health provider who provides care to patient with psychological or social issues affecting their mental health, by assessing patients and providing treatment.
- Works in collaboration with physicians and other health care personnel in patient evaluation and treatment, to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors underlying patients health problems.
- Provides short-term counseling to identify problems and facilitate needed referrals. Provides referrals for long-term counseling and for other necessary services. (e.g. substance abuse treatment, eating disorders, suicidal intent, and PTSD)
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families and community to ensure continuity of care.
- Documents patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record.
- Serves as a resource to other staff on community resources and in area of specialty.
- Assures social services compliance with legal, regulatory and professional standards, including Article 28 and JCAHO (where applicable) and OMH.
- Participates in development and implementation of the departments performance improvement activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work required
- New York State LCSW License required
- Minimum three years experience in social work with background in behavioral health with diverse patient populations (i.e., HIV, homeless, mentally ill, elderly, children adolescents, etc) required
- Technical knowledge of medical social work and relevant community resources, and the ability to develop linkage with community organizations required
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions required
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic mental conditions required
- Skill in proper use of tools such as the DSM V-R for identifying clinical symptoms required
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team and have strong communication and human relation skills required
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of information/referral systems required
- Healthcare and mental health experience required
- Requisition ID: 200YX
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity