JEA Senior Living Administrator - Full-Time 1st Shift in East Amherst, New York
To lead and direct overall operation of the Facility in accordance with the JEA Senior Living Mission Statement, Meaningful Moments Programming, residents’ needs, government regulations, and all other Facility policies and procedures. Maintain excellent service quality, high occupancy, and meet financial goals within established budgetary guidelines. In residences with more than 25 beds, the Administrator must be employed and on duty at least 40 hours per week. The Administrator shall be directly accountable to the operator for operating and maintaining the facility in compliance with applicable requirements.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be of good moral character, as evidenced by at least three recent letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable of the proposed administrator’s background, qualifications and interest in the field of adult care.
- Genuine concern for and ability to work with the elderly.
- A high school diploma or equivalency certificate, plus four years of related work experience acceptable to the department, two years of which include related supervisory experience; OR
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university in an approved course of study, plus three years of related work experience acceptable to the department, one year of which includes related supervisory experience; OR
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an approved course of study, plus two years of related work experience acceptable to the department, one year of which includes related supervisory experience;
- Must be licensed in good standing if required by the State Licensing Authority.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Residents, families, staff, community officials, referral sources and the general public.
- Must meet all State health requirements.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience with financial reporting and managing multiple budgets.
Subject to criminal background check. Responsibilities Include:
Supervision of the residence
- Operation of the residence in compliance with law and regulations
- Recruitment and general supervision of staff and volunteers
- Supervision of resident services
- Admission, transfer, and discharge of residents
- Coordination with the development of community activities and services for residents
- Maintenance of community relations
- Protection of Residents’ rights and development of appropriate mechanisms for their protection; and
Maintenance of a system to enable residents to present grievances or recommendations regarding facility operations and programs. Essential Functions:
Leadership and Professional Conduct
- Facility Management
- Financial Management
- Program Development and Implementation
- Staffing and Retention
- Marketing and Census Development
- Community Relations