Sarnova Patient Billing / Customer Service - Digitech in Chappaqua, New York
Job ID 2021-2725
# of Openings 2
Job Locations US-NY-Chappaqua
Category Customer Service/Support
The Patient Billing Representative is primarily responsible for handling patient calls that come into our Call Center line. This position is part of a remote Call Center, and requires an individual who demonstrates professionalism, empathy, and accountability, and the ability to stay calm under pressure and handle large call volumes. The hours for this role are Monday through Friday, 9:30 am EST to 6:00 pm EST.
The Sarnova Family of companies includes Digitech Computer, Bound Tree Medical, Tri-anim Health Services, Cardio Partners, and Emergency Medical Products
Digitech is a leading provider of advanced billing and technology services to the EMS transport industry. Since its founding in 1984, Digitech has refined its software platform to create a cloud-based billing and business intelligence solution that monitors and automates the entire EMS revenue lifecycle. Digitech leverages its proprietary technology to offer fully outsourced services that maximize collections, protect compliance, and deliver results for clients.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This is a remote, work from home position.
Must be bilingual, English/Spanish speaking.
In this role for Digitech, you are our brand ambassador for our clients and the patients that they serve. You impact your line of business by ensuring all HIPAA rules, regulations and timely filing limits are adhered to and identifying and addressing issues and finding resolutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer heavy call volume in a remote call center environment
- Answer patient questions and address concerns in a friendly and empathetic manner
- Forward calls as necessary to alternate billing departments
- Determine resolutions to customer issues while adhering to our client rules and expectations
- Handle requests for information from insurance companies and attorneys
- Follow through with all requests, which may require calling alternate parties, emailing or faxing information.
- Strong computer skills. Basic understanding of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Minimum typing of 40 wpm.
- Must be a quick learner and willing to ask questions
- Being a collaborative team-player is required
- Able to handle pressure and always maintain composure
- Able to handle large volumes of work while meeting tight deadlines
- Able to work with two monitors
- Experience in an environment where calls were monitored and scored as well as metrics applied to individual performance is helpful.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with situations via telephone while maintaining and promoting a positive company image.
- Ability to identify issues, know what questions to ask, and determine solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to present information and solutions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to multi-task, and organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete all work assigned.
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a + but not required
- Must be able to sit at the computer and accept calls for full work schedule, when not on scheduled breaks
- Must be comfortable receiving continuous calls through a headset
- Must be nimble, able to type information into the computer as the caller is speaking
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401 (k) Plan.