DuPont Manufacturing Laboratory Analyst in Buffalo, New York
Manufacturing Laboratory Analyst (Job Number: 199887W-01)
DuPont is seeking a Laboratory Analyst to work at the Yerkes Plant, located in Buffalo, New York. Yerkes Buffalo is the North American manufacturing home of Corian® solid surface products, introduced in 1968 and the founding manufacturing location for Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) films, introduced in 1961.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
Sample and analyze essential materials for conformance with specifications using standard operating or non-routine procedures.
Make up and standardize chemical solutions used in laboratory, concentrations or formulations required in special tests.
Sample and test materials for chemical and physical properties.
Calibrate laboratory equipment such as thermometers, hydrometers, chromatographs viscometers, differential calorimeters, introns, extruders, etc. Assist Technical in calibrating experimental equipment.
Test new methods, equipment or procedures; make recommendations based on observations, analyses, and evaluation of test data.
Compile and issue routine or special reports.
Produce experimental products with specific characteristics, such as color, gloss, opacity, flammability or light absorption.
Perform air/fume test for both safety and environmental control.
Our current opening is in the Tedlar® lab. The position is scheduled to work Monday through Friday, rotating shifts. The shift schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
All applicants must successfully complete an online test to be considered for the role. Relocation and or travel assistance for assessments is not offered for this opportunity.
Must be able to perform all duties with or without accommodation.
Must pass Drug Screen, Background check, and pre-employment Physical.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
Apply online at www.dupont.com/careers . Applications will not be accepted at the plant site.
• Minimum Associates degree in Chemistry or related field
• Bachelor degree in Chemistry or related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lab environment
• Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule including holidays and weekends
• Willing and able to work overtime, sometimes on short notice
• Willing and able to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Good observational and record keeping skills with attention to detail, including use of computer-based spreadsheets
• Familiar and competent in the use of SAP is preferred
Primary Location: NA-United States-New York-Buffalo
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.