ManpowerGroup 1st Shift Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, New York
Requisition Id: 4041
Job Function: Plant/Processing Operations
Career Area: Operations
Posting Location: USA-NY-Tonawanda
Are you looking to kickstart your career? Maybe you're rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change? Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We've also updated our policies and training to ensure that all of our team members can safely serve our customers. We protect what matters.
The Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
Key Job Activities:
1) Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it's trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
2) Operates and maintains baling machinery at the branch.
3) Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
4) Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it's off-site shredding program.
5) Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
6) Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
7) Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards
8) Ensures that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
9) Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment. Maintains supplies for plant operations.
10) Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it following the company's policies and procedures at all times bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
11) Other duties as assigned.
ManpowerGroup is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a professional, high quality work environment. It is the policy of ManpowerGroup and all of its subsidiaries to recruit, train, promote, transfer, pay and take all employment actions without regard to an employee's race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
- ManpowerGroup Jobs