Magellan Health Services, Inc. Pharmacy Intern in Brooklyn, New York
Unpaid interns work in an assigned area and must meet the requirements outlined below in order to be in an unpaid intern status.
- Unpaid interns must meet all of these criteria in order to satisfy the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division requirements.
- The following six criteria must be applied when making this determination:
- 1. The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- 2. The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- 3. The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- 4. The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;
- 5. The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- 6. The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship.
Other Job Requirements
General Job Information
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity