SCO Family of Services LPN/RN in Brooklyn, New York
SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York City and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize and strengthen families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
- Performs physical, mental health and developmental assessments of youth at admission.
- Arranges for initial and annual comprehensive physical examinations, by a medical provider.
- Arranges for initial and annual dental and optical examinations by agency contracted providers
- Schedules appointments with primary care providers and appropriate medical specialists.
- Maintains comprehensive electronic medical record on each assigned youth.
- Develops a written descriptive health plan, in conjunction with the medical provider, of each youth.
- Oversees consent issues for procedures and treatment.
- Monitors compliance: ensuring youth comply with time frames for appointments and follow-up services.
- Develops health histories and abstracts for youth being transferred to another agency; or school.
- Provides discharge summaries for youth aging out of foster care.
- Obtains family health history, in conjunction with caseworker, from birth parents.
- Reports all illness and/or accidents, hospitalizations as required by the regulatory agency.
- Makes scheduled visits to group homes to meet with youth and program managers
- Makes hospital visits to assess child’s care when necessary.
- Contacts medical providers, hospital clinics, and laboratories for medical reports.
- Attends staff meetings and case conferences when indicated.
- Reviews medical records, medication administration records, laboratory and medical reports.
- Maintains medication record and mental health reports on youth receiving psychotropic medication.
- Provides psychiatrists with medical information, including laboratory results for monthly medication review.
- Provides health education to youth in the practice of preventive health and safety measures.
- Provides training to direct care staff on topics related to preventive health and safety measures.
- Provides education and counseling to adolescents on sexually transmitted infections, HIV related information, family planning, and documents these discussions in the electronic case record.
- Provides injections to transgender youth on hormone therapy
- Attends surgery consultations with youth pursuing medical gender transition
- Experience or interest working with the LGBTQ population
- Familiarity with NYC Admin for Children's Services medical requirements helpful
- Registered Nurse currently licensed by the New York State Education Department.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma, Associates Degree or above preferred. Current NY State LPN Certification required. • Experience with the population of the program is preferred. • Acceptable background clearance, including fingerprinting. SCO Family of Services is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Boerum Hill
Requisition ID: 42121