HeartShare Case Aide in Brooklyn, New York
Case aide needed to assist case planners in a child welfare prevention program.
- Minimum of high school diploma and be able to communicate well with clients and staff.
- Must be able to commute to Coney Island, Brooklyn.
- Uses positive approaches when handling difficult situations. Avoids gossip and negative discussions. Remains flexible and adapts to change.
- Serves as role model for program participants. Abides dress code. Conducts self in a professional manner at all times.
- Remains sensitive and responsive to cultural differences of program participants and staff.
- Participates in in-service trainings and on-site workshops as required for professional growth and development. Attends external trainings and workshops at direction of management.
- Represents the organization both within and outside of the work environment in a manner that promotes the mission, vision and values of the agency. Personally adheres to organizational mission, vision and values, in addition to all other agency policies and procedures.
- Conducts, in concert with social work/casework staff, intake assessments of clients and obtains full data on medical history of children and family; initiates medical case planning, and maintains service plan updates.
- Transport/Escort youth to and from visits and other appointments. Transportation will be required on evenings and some weekends.
- Provide supervision/babysitting for youth during foster parent training
- Maintain a calendar of regularly scheduled transports, as well as one time or case specific transports
- Maintain professional conduct at all times; provide caring support to youth and foster families during any and all contact
- Such other responsibilities as are identified and needed by Home Finding Leadership
Benefits: Rewarding Work in a team environment; Paid vacation, sick, personal days and holidays; 403(B) retirement plan; Health, dental, vision and life insurance; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Flexible spending account (Dependent Care, Medical, Parking, and Transit); Employee Appreciation Programs and Events; Tuition Assistance Program; Professional Development opportunities; Verizon Wireless Discount; BJs Membership discount; Discounts on Broadway tickets, movie tickets, theme parks, sporting events, gift certificates & more.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Driver License preferred
- Strong advocacy, communication and organizational skills
- Non-judgmental approach and ability to empathize with others
- Self-motivation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Establish and maintain respectful professional boundaries with individuals and families
- Flexible hours 35-40 hours per week. Individual must be able and willing to work evenings and some weekends.
- Knowledge, understanding, and respect for diverse cultural norms and traditions with clients and co-workers at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled