Northwell Health AVP Regional Operations (Brooklyn) in Brooklyn, New York
Req Number 003C6G
As a member of the Regional Leadership Team, represents the collaborative vision to plan, develop and oversee implementation and integration of the Health System's overall policies, strategies, and operational standards throughout the Region. Identifies and oversees cost effective financial activities and progressive strategic planning initiatives. Evaluates quality improvement initiatives to ensure the Health System's values are integrated and attained.
- Strategic Planning
Leads development and implementation of operational policies and procedures supporting the Health System's mission and future strategic plans for the Region.
Identifies best practices and executes operating planning processes to maximize efficiencies and drive Regional and Health System strategic goals.
Organizes Region-wide policies, processes and programs to link Health System strategies with Regional strategies.
Evaluates potential standardization of various systems throughout the Region.
- Financial Management
- Participates in developing objectives and strategies to contain costs and eliminate redundancies in collaboration with regional leadership team.
- Operational Performance
Using analytical tools, identifies best practices and drives and executes plans to optimize efficiencies in OR utilization, length of stay, safety issues, throughput, supply chain, workflows and other operations throughout the Region.
Provides counseling to senior staff on program execution, work plan modifications and implementation of contingency plans.
Mandates and ensures level of service, quality and accessibility at the lowest possible cost and the highest patient and employee satisfaction levels.
Works to advance a patient-centered approach to care focusing on safety, operational efficiencies, and service excellence.
In collaboration with regional leadership team, develops and oversees plans to optimize clinical and administrative staffing models.
Oversees facilities management for the region in collaboration with facility leadership.
- Reviews and analyzes current and future needs assessments of equipment, systems and software to ensure optimal service outcomes Region-wide.
- Standards Compliance
- Oversees compliance with federal, state, and local government agency laws and regulations, and compliance to the standards, rules and regulations of various accrediting and approving bodies.
- HR Development
- Oversees development and implementation of the Human Resources goals and objectives for organizational development, recruiting, compensation, training and development, and employee relations.
- Quality Management
- Promotes quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes which support the strategic direction.
- Creates an atmosphere conducive to information sharing and effective assessment that allows for real time research and adaptive behavior.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field, required.
Minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible management experience in a related field, required.
- Northwell Health Jobs