Montefiore Medical Center SOCIAL WORKER MSW in Bronx, New York
Montefiore is looking for a Social Worker MSW for the Wakefield Recovery Center , outpatient substance abuse clinic. As a professional member of an interdisciplinary team, the Social Worker will provide a range of direct and indirect services for patient / families including the identification of psychosocial problems and their resolutions. In addition, the Social Worker will collaborate with the patient / family / team to effect safe and timely discharge / treatment plans. The Social Worker complies with the mission statement of Montefiore and Social Services, and the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Work.
* Screen those patients whose diagnosis and social data indicate need for social service intervention, according to Social Work practice standards
* Make psychosocial assessments utilizing all available data, including interviews with patient and family conferring with interdisciplinary associates.
* Ensure continuity of care though development, implementation and validation of discharge / treatment plans, in a timely manner and in collaboration with patient, family, and interdisciplinary team.
* Function independently but utilize supervision to identify any problems in expediting discharge / treatment plans.
* Maintain Social Work professional conduct and practices develop networking relationships, participate in patient focused internal / external conferences.
* Ensure confidentiality in accordance with hospital and Social Services policies
* Develop ongoing linkages and networking relationships.
* Participate in patient focused and internal / external conferences.
* Demonstrate leadership skills by utilizing psychosocial expertise to assist with the team building, discharge / treatment planning, conflict resolution and psychosocial education to interdisciplinary staff when appropriate.
* Participate in departmental programs i.e. quality improvement, statistical reporting, continuing education, staff meetings, etc.
* Demonstrate knowledge of legal and ethical issues and principles related to end-of-life care including informed consent, right to refuse treatment, withholding or withdrawing life-sustaining treatment including nutrition and hydration, DNR order, advance directives, determination of decisional capacity and surrogate decision making and the doctrine of futility.
* Demonstrate skill and knowledge related to the identification, reporting, and intervention for victims of individual and family violence, rape mugging, elder abuse and child abuse / neglect.
* Demonstrate understanding of the developmental stages from infancy through the elder years, family systems theory and how various illnesses Impact on the patient / family system.
* Master's Degree in Social Work from a Social Work from a program registered by the NYS Dept. of Education or determined to be substantially equivalent by the commissioner's regulations
* Requires an executed Memorandum of Understanding with a licensed Social Worker for the purposes of supervision, unless licensed as an LMSW (Licensed Masters Social Worker) or LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
Department: Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Bargaining Unit: 1199 Campus: WAKEFIELD Employment Status: Temporary Full-Time Address: 600 East 233rd Street, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 130444
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employer's Job# 130444
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.