Homes for the Homeless Facility Monitor - North Bronx, NY in Bronx, New York
This position is actively hiring.
Homes for the Homeless is hiring multiple Facility Monitors to join our teams at our Family Residences, in the North Bronx, to help foster a safe and welcoming environment for our families. This is a versatile role that will involve working within multiple departments, including Administration, Security and Maintenance, to ensure the safety and comfort of the families we house. This position is ideal for candidates who possess strong administrative and communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. This position is initially being filled temporarily, but ongoing employment will be discussed at an appropriate time.
About Homes for the Homeless, Inc.
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is a non-profit social services organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as a hub of opportunity for families both residing in shelter as well as those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from childcare, early childhood education centers, afterschool clubs and programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to housing assistance, case management, parenting workshops, career and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the whole family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Administrator and Department Managers, you will assist in completing the day-to-day tasks at the facility, including but not limited to:
· Completing rounds of the building to ensure the safety of families in their units;
· Patrolling the interior and exterior of the facility and report any unusual conditions or safety hazards to Safety Aides, Safety Supervisors, and Security Operations Managers;
· Cleaning and sanitizing common areas and empty units as needed to maintain the facility and its daily operations;
· Assisting Office Manager with maintaining personal documents, timecard making, data entry, filing, report logs, and front desk reception as needed;
· Monitoring the entry and exit of residents by maintaining a sign-in log and requiring identification;
· Maintaining a daily log of any vendors that come to the facility;
· Assisting other facility staff when necessary; and
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· Ability and willingness to travel to site regularly.
· Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility.
· Positive and helpful attitude.
· Willing to assist staff as needed.
· Must be available to be on call.
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3 weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick leave.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.