Dayton T. Brown, Inc. Sr. Technical Writer in Bohemia, New York
Senior Technical Writer
Join our amazing team of talented, dedicated professionals here at Dayton T. Brown, Inc.!
We offer you:
* Competitive salaries
* Tuition Reimbursement at up to 100%
* Annual performance reviews to help you advance and grow
* Medical/Dental/Vision/401k/Profit Sharing
* An array of employee activities (Picnics, Baseball Games, Photo & Fishing Contests, Employee Gymnasium and more!)
* A family-friendly work culture
* Cash incentives and recognition awards
In this role, you will:
* Author clear and concise technical documentation including various types of maintenance procedures and illustrated parts data in accordance with military specifications from various forms of source material such as maintenance plans, 3D models, engineering drawings, bills of material, design specifications, and other source materials.
* Collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Experts such as engineers, technicians, and publications personnel.
* Ensure accuracy and completeness of all work produced.
* Actively lead team meetings, and interface with illustrators and production personnel to support the development of technical documentation.
* Interpret validity and impact of customer comments.
* Ensure team assignments are completed in timely manner to facilitate on-time delivery of technical data to our customers.
* Contribute to continuous improvement objectives to achieve quality goals.
* Be able to travel required.
To be a Sr. Technical Writer, you'll need:
* College diploma in aerospace or relevant military training in aircraft.
* A minimum 5 years working as a technical writer authoring aircraft maintenance procedures and developing illustrated parts data.
* Strong computer skills, with XML structured authoring experience.
* Knowledge and experience with aerospace industry standards and regulations such as S1000D.
* A&P certificate a plus.
Contact us! We'd love to hear from you! With nearly 70 years of experience in providing support to both military and commercial customers, we know the value of technical competence and relationship building. Senior Technical Writer, click to apply!
Dayton T. Brown, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.