Security Mutual Life Insurance Policy Service Associate in Binghamton, New York
As a Policy Service Associate, you will be responsible for processing Policy Service Requests and communicating with clients regarding the details of their requests. You will also be responsible for ensuring that requests are processed and reported accurately.
This is a Binghamton Home Office position. Reliable internet service is required due to impacts of the pandemic.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Interpret and process various policy owner requests according to State and Company guidelines including absolute and collateral assignments and releases, face amount changes, classification changes, age changes, adding, removing and converting riders, rescission processing, reinstatements, post issue policy illustrations, tax calculations, policy conservation options, surrenders, insurance verifications, 1035 exchanges, POA requests including interpretation of court documents, lost and uncashed checks, beneficiary changes, duplicate policies, cancellations and mailing service request forms.
• Communicate with policy owners and agencies for clarification by telephone related to post issue service requests and questions.
• Document interaction and transactions, record details of inquiries, comments and action taken related to any written or verbal correspondence with policy owners and agencies.
• Handle service requests from Billing Team and Call Center, providing internal and external customer service as needed.
• Monitor daily and monthly reports.
• Assist with Call Center overflow calls at high volume times.
Required skills & experience:
• 2-4 years of customer support experience.
• 1-2 years of experience in the insurance industry or accounting environment preferred.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Occasionally required to work overtime.
• Thorough knowledge of and working proficiency with workplace insurance products and terminology preferred.
• Ability to interpret policy provisions and knowledge of administrative practices relating to company guidelines.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
• Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
• Ability to adapt to change, handle multiple projects simultaneously and follow up in a timely fashion.
• Strong written and oral communication and data entry skills.
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
The level for this position will be determined based on factors including relevant skills, experience and other qualifications.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Security Mutual Life is a leading provider of life insurance, accumulation products and retirement-, business- and estate-planning services for individuals, families and businesses. Our innovative products help our clients meet their financial protection needs. Headquartered in Binghamton, New York, the Company was founded in 1886 and is recognized for its longstanding history of financial strength and stability.
We continually invest in technology. Our agents and employees are equipped with the latest tools and deliver outstanding service to our hundreds of thousands of policyholders throughout the United States.
We are committed to our neighbors and communities. Security Mutual and its employees help support a wide variety of community and charitable initiatives and organizations through our donations and service.
At Security Mutual our employees are among the Company’s most valued assets. We offer competitive salary and benefits and our work environment reflects the Company’s core values of trust, respect and integrity.