PDS Tech Inc Mechanical Designer 2 in Binghamton, New York
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Electro- Mechanical Designer, in Binghamton, NY.
Performs a wide variety of highly complex technical tasks which requires knowledge of engineering techniques and mechanical design theory in the creation of computer models to determine design solutions for electronic equipment and systems. Assists in the modifications of engineering design prototypes and/or first article electronic equipment in preparation for production design release of product. Assists in the creation of design documentation and release of documentation into the enterprise business systems.
Electro-Mechanical Designer: Design and Document Hardware Designs for Simulators to include:
• Ability to understand requirements that are provided for Hardware design tasks
• Develop and re-use designs to meet requirements for assigned program and Hardware group design processes
• Develop designs using sheet metal, welded, and machined parts
• Create 3D models in SolidWorks to develop design
• Document designs in Hardware Development Folders (HDFs)
• Present designs for internal technical/peer reviews
• Coordinating with outside vendors and subcontractors
• Create Drawings in SolidWorks to document mechanical parts, assemblies, and Installations for Maintenance and Flight Simulators for the military
• Able to manage greater than 50 parts on Parts List for an assembly
• Works within a team environment to develop design solution
• Support questions from Procurement and Manufacturing groups
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Performs the preparation of required records for the release of design data and design documentation into the company data and documentation control systems.
• Under general supervision: Performs a variety of highly technical tasks which require a substantial understanding of technical engineering techniques to create precision mechanical or electrical design layout per verbal instructions, sketches, existing hardware or engineering lab models, received from both mechanical and/or electrical engineering and other technical support personnel.
• May assist engineering in determining and employing proper specifications for materials, finishes and processes, connectors or other electrical components, etc. during the design process.
• Applies Company, Industry and Contractual standards during the preparation of hardware design and documentation data.
• Completes the preparation of the necessary technical documentation for the release of Hardware design data into the company documentation control system.
• Assists engineering in the preparation of data & documentation during the revision of released artifacts in the document control system.
• Maintains an awareness of contractually controlled Government and/or Company design and documentation requirements building knowledge in supporting the completion of assigned tasks.
• Has an intermediate understanding of the CAD and data management tools to enable completion of design tasks.
• May provide validation of change definition artifacts for revisions to existing design and drawing/documentation.
• May provide validation of revision capture definition into formal design and documentation data in accordance with defined change requirements.
(Greater than six months of experience)
• Experience designing components and assemblies for Electro-Mechanical Systems
• Experience with SolidWorks 2017
• Experience with AutoCAD 2011• Experience with Microsoft Office, Particularly Excel for Parts List generation
• Experience designing Electro-Mechanical systems for the Military Contracts
• US Citizen, must be able to obtain a clearance if required (clearance not required)
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Experience with SolidWorks EPDM data management tool
• Knowledge of ASME Y14 Standards
• Training Simulator Design Experience a plus
• Working Military Contract Experience
• Lotus Notes experience
• 2 year degree in an applicable STEM field is required, plus at least 3 years of related experience
• Could be travel between sites, but is it not likely
• Possibility of contract to hire for the right candidate
• Could be extended beyond 1 year
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.