Gray Metal Products, Inc. Maintenance Mechanic, Avon in Avon, New York
JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
BUSINESS: Gray Metal Products
ABOUT US: https://www.graymetal.com/
Gray Metal Products, Inc., a family owned business started in 1906, is a full line manufacturer of heating and air conditioning products. For several decades, Gray Metal Products line has been sold to the wholesale distributors and wholesale hardware chains. Our product lines consist of prefabricated air duct and fittings for HVAC, black stovepipe and fittings, as well as hearth accessories and insulated flexible air duct products.
BUSINESS LOCATION: 495 Rochester Street, Avon, NY 14414
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 2 Years of acceptable related experience (must have machinist background). Employer would accept an Apprentice.
WAGE: Competitive and will be based on experience.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation of equipment, building maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of facility machinery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
2) Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
3) Performs scheduled maintenance and inspection of assigned equipment, reports to supervisor and takes appropriate actions.
4) Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and reword where required. Test equipment upon completion of repairs, changeovers, or extended downtime to assure performance.
5) Examines defects and out of spec. product and where possible takes corrective action on equipment.
6) Complete maintenance and repair logs.
7) Notify appropriate management of recurring issues with equipment and/or operation of equipment when necessary.
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS:
1) Ability to operate safely in fast-paced environment.
2) Ability to read and understand basic diagrams and patterns.
3) Ability to read and understand numbers and letters.
4) Good hand-eye coordination is essential.
5) Follow all company rules and policies.
6) Work as a team member.
7) Advanced skills such as electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
8) Must follow all safety rules and regulations.
9) Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
1) High School Diploma or equivalency is desired
1) Must be able to work in an unheated and non-air-conditioned environment.
2) Will be subjected to inside environmental conditions such as noise and dust.
3) Must be able to wear ear protection and safety glasses.
4) Must be able to lift up to 50#.
INVITATION to MEET WITH US at the upcoming Livingston County Job Fair:
WHEN: Tuesday 9/17/2019, 4-6PM
LOCATION: Livingston County Government Center, 6 Court Street, Geneseo 14454
ATTENTION VETERAN APPLICANTS: Please, email Dave Eley (Local DOL Vet Employment Representative) to confirm you are applying at email@example.com