CVS Health Case Manager-Medical in Amherst, New York
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Community Care team as an industry leader in serving our members by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our Community Care members. Community Care is a member centric, team-delivered, community-based care management model that joins members where they are. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members’ health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand to change lives in new markets across the country.
Facilitate the delivery of appropriate benefits and/or healthcare information which determines eligibility for benefits while promoting wellness activities. Develops, implements, and supports Health Strategies, tactics, policies and programs that ensure the delivery of benefits and to establish overall member wellness and successful and timely return to work. Services and strategies, policies and programs are comprised of network management, clinical coverage, and policies.
Community Care Case Manager use a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
• Acts as a liaison with member/client /family, employer, provider(s), insurance companies, and healthcare personnel as appropriate.
• Implements and coordinates all case management activities relating to catastrophic cases and chronically ill members/clients across the continuum of care that can include consultant referrals, home care visits, the use of community resources, and alternative levels of care.
• Interacts with members/clients telephonically or in person. May be required to meet with members/clients in their homes, worksites, or physician’s office to provide ongoing case management services.
• Assesses and analyzes injured, acute, or chronically ill members/clients medical and/or vocational status; develops a plan of care to facilitate the member/client’s appropriate condition management to optimize wellness and medical outcomes, aid timely return to work or optimal functioning, and determination of eligibility for benefits as appropriate.
• Communicates with member/client and other stakeholders as appropriate (e.g., medical providers, attorneys, employers and insurance carriers) telephonically or in person.
• Prepares all required documentation of case work activities as appropriate.
• Interacts and consults with internal multidisciplinary team as indicated to help member/client maximize best health outcomes.
• May make outreach to treating physician or specialists concerning course of care and treatment as appropriate.
• Provides educational and prevention information for best medical outcomes.
• Applies all laws and regulations that apply to the provision of rehabilitation services; applies all special instructions required by individual insurance carriers and referral sources.
• Testifies as required to substantiate any relevant case work or reports.
• Conducts an evaluation of members/clients’ needs and benefit plan eligibility and facilitates integrative functions using clinical tools and information/data.
• Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Facilitates appropriate condition management, optimize overall wellness and medical outcomes, appropriate and timely return to baseline, and optimal function or return to work.
• Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes, as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s/client’s overall wellness through integration.
• Monitors member/client progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation.
Background Experience Desired
• Minimum 3-5 years clinical practical experience preference: (diabetes, CHF, CKD, post-acute care, hospice, palliative care, cardiac) with Medicare members.
• Minimum 2-3 years CM, discharge planning and/or home health care coordination experience
• Ability to occasionally travel within a designated geographic area for in-person case management activities as directed by Leadership and/or as business needs arise
• Bilingual preferred
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently (may require working from home).
• Proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as some special proprietary applications.
• Efficient and Effective computer skills including navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
- Willing and able to obtain multi state RN licenses if needed, company will provide.
Education and Certification Requirements
• Associates degree with equivalent experience, applicant would be required to obtain a bachelor’s degree within 3-5 years as part of role development, state licensing laws may apply
• Certified Case Manager is preferred.
• Additional national professional certification (CRC, CDMS, CRRN, COHN, or CCM) is preferred, but not required
Associate's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs